Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Sneak Peak of an Easter Dress

I know, I know... everyone else in the crafty blog world seems to have had their Easter clothes made and ready to wear for the past few weeks, at least.  But not me.  And you know what's sad?   Not only have I not made Riley's dress yet, but I hadn't even thought about it.  I mean, like, I hadn't thought that I should.  But clearly, I should.  And now I am.


"What's the big deal, Heather?" you ask.  Well, here's the big deal: I used some gorgeous fabric that I've been hoarding.  I think I actually gulped before cutting into it because it's some of the most gorgeous fabric I've ever seen, and I'm terrified of wasting it (even though I suppose I could always buy more, but I could only do that after weeping some serious tears over the lost stash).


However, I finally manned up and cut into it, and so far, so good...


The other thing is that if I'm going to use this fabric, this dress has to be awesome-sauce.  I really hope it will be.  It's not finished enough yet to tell.  But here's a sneak peak, nonetheless, so you can get a glimpse of the beautiful Anna Maria Horner goodness I'm using.




This is just an iPhone photo, and it still looks luscious, right?  Oh man... the kids better take long naps tomorrow, so I can finish this sucker up! :)

1 comment:

  1. If it makes you feel any better- I haven't finished my girls' Easter dresses either! Almost done with one, but only cut the other. I'll probably be finishing up late Saturday night. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments more than I love buying new fabric, and that's saying something. :)